How do I open a keychain that a friend shared via dropbox, I have windows 8.

A friend who is a mac user shared her vault with me via Dropbox. I have a windows PC running windows 8. I have already followed the importing and syncing instructions on your support page. Following it allowed me to get to the part where it says "the name of my friend's vault" is locked. Why is it still asking for a password when she has already shared it with me via dropbox? Thanks for your answer. Appreciate it.

Comments

• Hello @rcaloza,

Thanks for writing in.

You will always have to enter the master password for the vault your friend shared with you to unlock it and decrypt its contents to view them and use them.

I hope this helps!

Cheers

• rcaloza
    rcaloza
    Community Member
    edited December 2015

Hi Alex,

Thanks so much for your help.

[Edited by MikeT: Removed sensitive screenshots]

A friend who’s using a mac shared her vault with me via dropbox. I was able to open it. She added one more login yesterday , and since all shared logins automatically sync, I was expecting it to show up when I open her vault on my end. It’s been 24 hours already and it’s still not showing up. Please help. I have added the screenshots for your reference. The screenshot on a mac background shows that she has already shared 3 logins with me. The other screenshot shows that , as of this moment, I am only seeing 2 logins. The login for stocksnap is not showing up on her vault on my pc.

• Hi @rcaloza,

Please keep in mind this is a public support forum, do not upload any screenshots that shows your data. I've removed them from your post.

As for the data, your friend added a generated password entry, not a Login item. To find it in your Windows version, go to the View Menu > View Generated Password and it should show up on the sidebar. Click on it and you should see the third item.

You can also click on All items folder on the sidebar to find all three entries.

This discussion has been closed.