No previous used password in Windows 1Password?

Previous password function is really useful and I like it, but when I use windows version I can't find this. The experience of 1P windows is much worse than Mac version. Every logins field need to be edited in a "new dialog window". However the Mac version is brief and efficient. I can add enough labels and details by using TAB then save. Moreover all titles grouped Alphabetically by default.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gz_ch: I;m not quite sure what you mean by "previously used passwords", but there are two things I can think of that might help:

• Generated Passwords, which you can enable in the View menu
    • Password History, which is at the very bottom of the details of an item whose password you have changed

Editing is something we'll improve in 1Password for Windows in the future, though it isn't a simple task and will take some time. Thanks again for the feedback! :)

• gz_ch
    gz_ch
    Community Member

@brenty Oh, I find it, the Password History! Thank you.
    PS: I googled that 1P windows shortcut to reveal password is CTRL+R, but my keyboard layout to do that is a little bit hard for one hand.
    Can I change that keyboard shortcut?
    And how can I show super "large type" password just like MAC version?

• Hi @gz_ch,

I googled that 1P windows shortcut to reveal password is CTRL+R, but my keyboard layout to do that is a little bit hard for one hand. Can I change that keyboard shortcut?

At the moment, it is not possible to change the shortcut in the 1Password program but we'll keep that in mind for the future. You can click on the lock icon next to the password field to reveal it or if you have a lot of password fields to look at, you can either turn it off temporarily via the View Menu > Conceal Passwords or edit the item, all of the fields will be revealed, be careful not to save any changes.

And how can I show super "large type" password just like MAC version?

You can't at the moment, it is something we want to add in the future. If you're using Windows 10, you can try our latest 1Password for Windows 10 beta build in the Microsoft Store to click on the password itself to do large type.

• gz_ch
    gz_ch
    Community Member

@MikeT I really like that "large type" feature, it also highlighted symbols and digits. The font also similar to consolas, that's easy recognize 0 and o :chuffed: .

• @gz_ch

Not to get into a mono-spaced font flame war but… Anonymous Pro for life! :p

Still, the large type feature is something we know is really useful—I use it on the Mac and iPhone quite often—and it's something we want to bring to the Windows version, too.

You should really check out the beta of 1Password for Windows Modern if you want to use 'large type' on the PC right now: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/53560/join-the-1password-for-windows-10-beta-team#latest

• Here's a peek of what it looks like right now in the latest Windows Store beta version:

• gz_ch
    gz_ch
    Community Member

@MikeT Wow, this looks almost like Mac Version. I like it ! :blush:

• Yep, it should be the same as we have a consistent guideline for this specifically for all platforms. We wanted to make sure it is consistent with the idea that blue is for numbers, dark pink for special symbols, the font that makes it easy to read each character even when they're identical like i/I/L/l, and also the alternating columns.

This discussion has been closed.