1Password Chrome extenstion not working for SRWare Iron browser in Windows (it works on Mac)

I have been using the SRWare Iron browser on Mac and the 1Password Chrome extension has worked fine. I have just purchased 1P for Windows and have found that I am unable to install the Chrome extension in Iron at all. The SRWare Iron version is 46.0.2450.0.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: Win7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:srware iron

Comments

• Hi @keithberner,

SRWare Iron is not on our list of known code signatures, so it will fail to work if you have the code signature check turned on. If you are sure about this specific version, you can disable the check and 1Password should work in it. To find out more, read through our guide here: https://support.1password.com/disable-browser-validation/win.html

That guide will explain the process of disabling the check.

• keithberner
    keithberner
    Community Member

I followed the steps in the guide, but still get an error message when I try to install the extension from https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions - the error reads: "An error occurred. Please try again or contact us for assistance." I would appreciate additional assistance with this. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2015

@keithberner: Try downloading the extension in another browser and then install it manually. The 1Password Chrome extension definitely works, and can be downloaded from our update site as well. You're welcome to use the extensions in unsupported browsers, but it depends on the browser itself being able to use it to function properly.

• keithberner
    keithberner
    Community Member

FYI - there is a 404 error for the latest version of the Chrome plugin on your update site. I was able to install the previous version. Thanks for your quick responsiveness.

• Hi @keithberner,

I'll check in with our team to see what's going on, it was working before. Thanks for letting us know!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

To be clear, we sometimes release browser-specific updates. So for example if you tried to download 4.4.4 for Chrome, this does not exist; it was a Safari-only release. You'd need to download 4.4.3, which at the time was the newest realize for Chrome.

Also note that Chrome does not support installing extensions from 3rd part sites. So instead of doing it the hard way and manually selecting the version to download from the update site, it's always best to get the current version from our main extension page, which links directly to Google's hosted download:

1Password browser extensions

• FYI: Brenty's trying to clear this up because the web search results might bring users to this thread thinking it's the right thing to do for Chrome but it's for Iron only.

This discussion has been closed.