1Password Mac + Windows Purchasing Question - Personally own Mac & iOS Devices have Work Windows PC

I currently own a Mac, iPhone, and iPad for which I'm looking at purchasing the 1Password 5 for Mac. However, I also use a Windows Laptop at work on which I do not have Admin rights and therefore am not able to install software. The only software that can be installed onto my laptop is what is on the corporate approved list and 1Password is not one of those applications. The corporate approved solution is Password Safe for performing those types of tasks. Would there be any advantage to purchasing the 1Password Mac + Windows Bundle in my situation and if so what would they be? As I am sure you can imagine I have a lot of password management required for work related tasks as well.

1Password Version: N/A
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: OS X 10.9.5, iOS 9.2, Windows 7 Enterprise
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @RobAgile,

You do need the admin rights to install 1Password on your work PC and you need the software to get the full experience of both editing and saving new items. We do want to offer an admin-less version of 1Password in the future but I don't have an ETA on that. For now, you would have difficulties of using 1Password at work without first getting an approval from your company.

One thing that might help is our upcoming 1Password for Teams service that would let you access your data in the browser without installing anything and you'd be able to create new items as well. It is possible your work company may approve this service in the future as well, at least we hope. This would give them control over the data stored in 1Password's database for its employees.

This discussion has been closed.