why show me can not load data unless changing my master passwd on mac

I have bought both windows and mac version, and I use mac at work and use windows at home syncing data by dropbox. But sometimes ( not once but many times ), when I opened it on windows, it told me it could not open the data file and I had to change master password on my mac to fix the error.

It is not acceptable because most of time there is no mac next to me and my passwords are all in this software!

My question is what causing the problem, and can you fix it? If my mac version can open it, why windows can not???

thx

mac version is 5.4.1
windows version is 4.6.0.592

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @henry42,

That means that some of your files were incomplete or damaged as the result of the sync, something interfered with the normal process of syncing your 1Password files.

If you get stuck and you see this message but you need your data right away, you can restore from an earlier backup. Go to the Backup Menu > Restore 1Password vault from Backup.. and save it in your Documents folder, do not store it in your Dropbox folder. You should now be able to unlock it.

In situations like this when the files are incomplete as the result of the sync, the best way is to quickly fix it is on the original computer by changing the password to rebuild the encryption keys as well and then let Dropbox sync everything to the other computers. This isn't a normal issue, in fact, I've only seen this report one or two times in the last 2-3 years alone.

Can you tell me more about your Dropbox sync setup, how are you syncing it, are you waiting for Dropbox to finish its sync before you open 1Password on the computer? How often do you see this?

This discussion has been closed.