Vault suddenly empty in 1 Password Anywhere and the desktop app...

Options

As above - can't restore from backup and the repair tool says my vault is healthy... The passwords are still in my dropbox and are updated if I add a new one but for some reason they aren't appearing in windows!

I was having some trouble with dropbox syncing that I did try to fix the other day to no avail so I went back to using wifi sync. Terrified to sync my phone and ipad with my PC in case the passwords disappear from those devices too!

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me!

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: 4.5.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Wifi Sync (Dropbox sync won't work)

Comments

• chazbangwallop
    chazbangwallop
    Community Member
    Options

I just installed the beta app for Windows 10 out of interest and it gives me errors on all of my passwords saying no encryption key reference is found in the vault!

Also, when I say I can't restore from backup, it doesn't give me an error, it just doesn't do anything at all...

Can someone please help me - panicking here!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I was having some trouble with dropbox syncing that I did try to fix the other day to no avail so I went back to using wifi sync. Terrified to sync my phone and ipad with my PC in case the passwords disappear from those devices too!

@chazbangwallop: No need to fear! Backup your 1Password data! :chuffed:

As above - can't restore from backup and the repair tool says my vault is healthy... The passwords are still in my dropbox and are updated if I add a new one but for some reason they aren't appearing in windows!

This makes me think you may have another vault open currently than the one you're expecting. Be sure to check the 1Password File > Reopen 1Password Vault and see if you can find the correct one there. However...

I just installed the beta app for Windows 10 out of interest and it gives me errors on all of my passwords saying no encryption key reference is found in the vault!

This leads me to believe that your vault may be missing files. Did you perhaps delete the whole thing or some of its contents during your Dropbox troubleshooting? If you delete data from your Dropbox folder on one device, it will sync and be deleted from the others as well.

Do you have all of your 1Password data on your iOS devices? If so, it will be simple enough to sync it back from there is needed. Can you tell me about the Dropbox issues you were having? It may be that it's related, as the most common Dropbox "sync issue" is that different devices are setup to sync to different vaults.

I'm sorry that your post raises more questions for me than it answers, but I'm confident that we'll get this sorted out for you. I look forward to your reply! :)

• chazbangwallop
    chazbangwallop
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick response.

I did try creating a new (non-dropbox) vault in order to switch between vaults and force a sync which I then renamed and deleted. Other than that I haven't deleted any data as far as I am aware.

All of my data is on my iOS devices thankfully! How would I go about restoring this to my PC?

Dropbox sync has never worked from Dropbox to my PC but it works in the other direction if that makes sense? I can still add a login to my now empty vault and dropbox immediately syncs it. When I do try to attempt a dropbox sync to my iphone/ipad, the sync wheel just keeps spinning for eternity and nothing ever happens hence why I resort to wifi sync.

• Hi @chazbangwallop,

Before we do anything, please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• chazbangwallop
    chazbangwallop
    Community Member
    Options

I've just sent the diagnostic report

• Thanks, we got the report in the followup email. :smile: We'll reply as soon as we finish analyzing the report.

ref: VVE-49769-457

• chazbangwallop
    chazbangwallop
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah sorry about that :P

• No worries, it happens to us as well. :scream:

This discussion has been closed.