"Add" button not working [for non-Teams vaults]

nitzdesign
nitzdesign
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi

Just started using 1Password and bought a licens for Windows and Mac.

Everything works great execpt one important think. The "Add" button dont work in the "app" for either Windows Phone 10 or Windows 10.

Its just greyed out.

The "Add" button works great in the desktop-version of 1Password on Windows 10.

What im I doing wrong? :)

Thnx!

/joacim

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2015

Sorry for the confusion, @nitzdesign!

The 1Password for Windows program that you licensed in our online store is completely separate from the 1Password for Windows 10 app that's available (as "1Password Beta") in the Store app on your Windows 10 device.

1Password Beta has many great features, but (unless you're using a 1Password for Teams vault) it doesn't yet include the ability to create new items. That's why the Add icon is disabled.

Thank you for using 1Password, Joacim!

• nitzdesign
    nitzdesign
    Community Member

Ok. But will the 1Password beta get the ability to create new items? Dont really understand why its seperated? Did i buy the wrong licens? Is there a licens for the "app" that i can buy so that i can add items?

Sorry for not understanding it all. :)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Yes, indeed! The beta app will get the ability to add items.

That's what I was trying to convey with saying "it doesn't yet include the ability to create new items."

As for being able to create items today, you can do that with the 1Password 4 for Windows program that you licensed on our web site. I believe it works in any full-desktop Windows 10 environment, such as a PC or "convertible" like a Surface Pro.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@nitzdesign: It helps me to think of it like this:

1Password for Windows from the AgileBits Store (download)
    "Classic" Windows computers (32- or 64-bit Intel compatible hardware — x86, x64), regardless of form factor (desktop, laptop, tablet), that can run regular Windows software

1Password for Windows 10 (beta) from the Windows Store (download)
    "Modern" Windows devices (any architecture, provided it's running Windows 10), regardless of form factor (desktop, laptop, tablet, phone), including those that were previously running Windows Phone 8.1 (phones) or Windows RT (tablets)

Microsoft is blurring the lines with "the same Windows 10 everywhere", which is probably a good thing in the long run; but during this transition it can certainly get a bit confusing. I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'd say that 1Password 4 for Windows runs on any Windows device running Windows 7 through 10, except for a phone.

It used to run fine on a Surface Pro 2 "convertible" running Windows 8.1, with the optional keyboard attached. (I haven't tried it on a tablet or convertible without an attached keyboard, and it won't run on a Windows Phone.)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'd say that 1Password 4 for Windows runs on any Windows device running Windows 7 through 10, except for a phone.

That's certainly much more concise! :chuffed:

I also use 1Password for Windows version 4 on a very small (7") tablet from time to time, and it works just fine without a (physical) keyboard and mouse. But like any more traditional Windows app, it's just difficult for me at times due to the combination of tiny targets and fat fingers. Your mileage may vary! :lol:

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

1Password for Windows version 4 ... works just fine without a (physical) keyboard and mouse.

That's really useful info, @brenty; thanks for adding that! :+1: I guess I could've just ripped the keyboard off of my SP2, but it just didn't occur to me: I can't remember the last time it wasn't attached.

• fmonfort
    fmonfort
    Community Member

Hi,

I have been using 1Password now because it supports Universal apps (I have both a Windows 10 laptop and mobile) however I cannot "add" any logins, the + button is greyed out.

I use it also with our company 1Password for Teams account, and there the + button is black and can be used.

Is this a bug or intenttional? What am I supposed to do?

1Password Version: 2015.12.1801
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Windows 10
    Sync Type: OneDrive
    Referrer: kb:license-requirements

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @fmonfort!

I've merged your question into the Add button not working thread, which mentions that "1Password Beta has many great features, but (unless you're using a 1Password for Teams vault) it doesn't yet include the ability to create new items. That's why the Add icon is disabled."

We expect to get that feature implemented for non-Teams vaults in a future release.

Thank you for using 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.