Windows 10 and Internet Explorer

Options

I am having periodic issues of 1Password not showing when I click Tools. Sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not. In cases where it is there, at times I receive an error message that there isn't any data in the fields. I then half to click on the program to obtain the data and copy and paste.
I'm running IE 11 with Windows 10 and on a Surface Pro 3

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ajpum65: That's really odd. When 1Password disappears from the Tools menu (honestly, I've never even used it there), does it still show up in the Command bar? Are you able to use the Ctrl \ keyboard shortcut? Please let me know what you find! :)

• ajpum65
    ajpum65
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty, Yes, the Ctrl \ worked! I have never used that feature. I don't have the option on the command bar because my machine is asking for a program to open it once I download the extension. Strange.

• ajpum65
    ajpum65
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty, found the problem with the PC not knowing what program to use when opening the extension. When I click on the browser extension for "Windows" it takes me to the Safari extension page, not internet explorer.

• Hi @ajpum65,

Right, the extension file for Safari requires the Safari browser to be installed first, so it can open that file and install the extension for you. However, that should not be related to Internet Explorer.

The 1Password program automatically installs the plug-in for Internet Explorer for you, there's no separate action that has to be done. To enable 1Password icon to show up on the command bar, you have to tell Internet Explorer to put the icon there. Here's how:

1. Right-click on the command bar in Internet Explorer to select Customize > Add or Remove Commands
    2. On the left side, you should see 1Password, select it, and then tap on Add >. Press Close and you should now see 1Password on the command bar.
  • ajpum65
    ajpum65
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks MikeT, I added command to the command bar. Truth be told, I didn't even realize I had the whole command bar hidden. Thank you for the tip/reminder! You guys are the best!

• I'm glad we were able to help and on behalf of the team, you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.