Chrome, Address capture

Options

Hi there,

I use Chrome and keep many tabs open at the same time. There is a problem when creating new login on 1P with 1P Chrome extension.

1. If all the tabs are on the same window, then there is no problem (should be), 1P captures only one address of that page.

2. If the tabs are on multiple windows (either general mode or incognito mode), then 1P will capture many addresses, and the number of 'many' may vary.
    1P may capture all the relevant addresses in different windows (with the same domain), or sometimes, it also captures some totally non-relevant addresses, and in this case, the main address of that new login is picked randomly (may be not the website that I want) and the name and icon of that login is taken from the randomly picked website.

I hope that 1P will take only the address of the the the page, only one.
For incognito mode, I do login with 1P in incognito mode sometimes, but I want it to be separated from the general mode, that is to say that 1P should not be able to track the general mode or incognito mode at same time, this is about 'not' and 'cannot'. I think it should be 'not', and I hope you guys would make it 'cannot'.

Thank you! And overall, 1P is the best! Merry Christmas!!

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: 4.5.1.90
OS Version: Win 7 Pro
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• Hi @mlndza,

Thanks for reporting this. I cannot reproduce this. Can you clarify the step by step you're taking to reproduce this? Does the tab have to be the same site in all Chrome Windows or it doesn't matter? I did try with our forum site in all three separate windows with random sites added in all of them and 1Password continues to only save one address for me.

As for incognito mode, that's already possible by telling Chrome to not allow 1Password in such a mode. If you open Chrome, click on the hamburger icon on top right, select Settings and then click on Extensions on the left sidebar, there's an option for Allow in incognito under the 1Password extension. Disable this and 1Password will not run in in your incognito windows.

This discussion has been closed.