1Password Anywhere bug

Options

Hi,
I know that 1Password Anywhere is kind of a legacy feature but it is handy when you can't install an application like at work or on a public computer. I had used it a while ago with a different vault but when I used it recently on my main vault I was having problems. I took me a good while but in the end I found out that the issue was due to my master password which worked fine on different PCs, phones and tablets but not for Anywhere. I looked into it and it wasn't the length or anything like that but it turned out to be the use of the pound currency sign '£'. It wasn't anything to do with the keyboard input either as I tried copying the password in but it still didn't work. Its not a big issue for me as I just changed my password to use a different symbol instead but thought I would still report it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @bob89,

Thanks for reporting this to us, we are aware of this one already. The use of certain special characters can prevent 1PasswordAnywhere from interpreting it correctly. It's not the keyboard input as you correctly said but the way the web app reads it.

At the moment, there are no plans to fix this as we're phasing out the support for 1PasswordAnywhere. We'd like to come up with a better solution for folks who need to access their data without installing 1Password and on restricted PCs.

This discussion has been closed.