I'm having problems getting 1 password to work on a server.

Options

I installed 1 password on the server, however it shows up on all users, not just mine. It keeps prompting for a download to all users however does not work.
How do I install on the server where it only shows up on my log in?

Also what is the difference between the regular version and the Beta?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @moneill,

It keeps prompting for a download to all users however does not work.

Can you tell us what the prompt is saying or if you can provide the screenshot?

How do I install on the server where it only shows up on my log in?

1Password isn't designed nor supported to be used on server OS versions, we have not tested this on Windows servers. 1Password can only be supported on the client OS versions.

If you're logging into your user account, you should be installing 1Password in that account only rather than installing it on the server directly.

Also what is the difference between the regular version and the Beta?

The beta gets new code changes quicker that hasn't completed all of its testings, it's a way customers can get access to new bug fixes, feature and so on sooner than usual. Once the new code changes are tested, they get pushed to the stable channel to be released as a stable update.

If you don't want bugs, you stick with the stable updates. If you want to help us fix issues quicker, don't mind downtime and bugs, then you can use the beta updates.

This discussion has been closed.