I have 1password on my windows 10 pc. How do I add and sync 1password with my iphone and ipad?

friendinmarin
friendinmarin
Community Member
edited December 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

unsure on procedure to sync iOS devices with 1password on windows.

[Edited by MikeT: Removed email address]

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: chrome extension
OS Version: windows 10/iOS 9
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I have 1password on my windows 10 pc. How do I add and sync 1password with my iphone and ipad?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited December 2015

Hi @friendinmarin,

There are two options you can use; Wi-Fi Sync and Dropbox. Dropbox is the automatic sync that can be done in the background all the time without requiring you to open 1Password on both sides to sync. Wi-Fi Sync is a local sync option using your home's Wi-Fi network and doesn't use the cloud like Dropbox does.

You can find the sync guides here:

1. Wi-Fi Sync
    2. Set up Dropbox in your iOS device first, and then install Dropbox client from https://www.dropbox.com on your PC. After the install, wait for Dropbox to finish its sync and then open 1Password, it should automatically detect the data in your Dropbox folder.
  • dwyper
    dwyper
    Community Member

How do I use wi-fi sync if I'm running the new 1Password Windows 10 app? The instructions are for the full-fledged Windows desktop software...

• Hi @dwyper,

There is no Wi-Fi Sync support for 1Password 6 Beta, Wi-Fi sync is only available in the current stable 1Password 4 for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.