I want to sync windows laptop with windows desktop using WiFi.

I am not find the instructions to do this. I have opened both and I see the secret on both. Both systems show and Idle status.. Where do I go from here. Can't sync with my android either. I like the system for a standalone computer but syncing is not seamless and is not explained well. Switched from Last Pass and it was much easier. I do not have Dropbox..I have SugarSync. Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:change-website-password, kb:switch-to-wifi, kb-search:How to end my free trial, kb:license-requirements

Comments

• Hi @rick_woodroof,

I apologize for the lack of clarification on this. The Wi-Fi sync cannot be used to sync between computers, you can use SugarSync to sync your 1Password folder between your computers while using one of the PCs to sync to your Android device.

The Wi-Fi sync is more of a pairing relationship via a single PC to multiple mobile devices, it cannot pair with another PC for now.

If you'd like to use SugarSync, close 1Password and move the 1Password.agilekeychain or 1Password.opvault folder to the SugarSync folder and it should then show up on the other PCs. Direct 1Password on these computers to open from that 1Password folder inside the SugarSync directory via the File Menu > Open 1Password or if you get the welcome tour with the three options, click on the second option (I've used 1Password before) to point to the said folder.

Can you tell me more about the Android issue with Wi-Fi, what happened when you try to establish the sync? Here's the guide for setting up the Wi-Fi sync on your Android device.

• rick_woodroof
    rick_woodroof
    Community Member

Regarding syncing with android:
    After performing step 1, step 2 does not appear. I get a list of file options but no option to sync. I tried to go to file>WiFi Sync where a 12 digit number is presented. I get nothing that looks like the instructions you sent.

• Hi @rick_woodroof,

The instructions are for doing it on the Android device. Here's how it works for both the computer and Android device:

1. Open the main 1Password program on your PC, unlock, and go to the File Menu > Wi-Fi Sync. Keep this Wi-Fi Sync window open
    2. Open 1Password on your Android device and tap on I've used 1Password before, it should then show you the Wi-Fi sync on the next step, tap on that option.
    3. Now, you should see the computer show up from step 1, tap on that computer before entering the Wi-Fi secret that you see on your PC.
    4. You then should be prompted for the master password to enter on your PC and then again on your Android device

That should now start the sync process.

If not, let me know which step you got stuck at and if you see any errors.

• rick_woodroof
    rick_woodroof
    Community Member

Mike

I don't see any errors. The Android is asking for the master password which I am providing
    but it says invalid master password which I know is not the case.

• rick_woodroof
    rick_woodroof
    Community Member

Mike

Can't get files into Sugar Sync. Does not appear to be an option.
    I paid for this out front. Let me know how to get my refund. I need
    to move to another system that is not so complicated for my simple mind.

Thanks

Rick

• @rick_woodroof - we will of course be happy to refund your purchase but we would also love the chance to help you further with this if you want. Could you email us at support+forum@agilebits.com so we can help you more directly? If you prefer I can go ahead with that refund, just let me know. Thanks :)

This discussion has been closed.