Wifi Sync with iOS: computer not found [known issue, fix on the way]

gschielke
gschielke
Community Member
edited January 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello,
in the past, I was able to sync between my iPhone and my Windows PC. However, since some weeks, the iPhone does not show my PC in the Wi-Fi Sync menue (list is just empty). Both devices (iPhone and PC) are in the same wifi-network. Wifi-Sync function on my PC is activated (ctrl+w) and the "secret" window is shown on the screen.
1Password Versions:
Both devices have the latest 1Password-versions installed.

What could be the reason for this?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598 / 6.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 Pro SP1
Sync Type: Wifi

Comments

• datafan
    datafan
    Community Member

I have just found the same problem. 1Password on the iphone does not offer the option of wifi sync! I'll use Dropbox for now but it would be good to find out why the wifi is not working..

• Gleb
    Gleb
    Community Member

I also lost the possibility of Wi-Fi synchronization between Win7 and iPad after the last upgrade. Try to make a downgrade.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Gleb, @datafan, @gschielke: I'm really sorry of the trouble. This is a known issue with 1Password for iOS version 6.1.2:

Wi-Fi sync error "Computer not found" (or computer not showing up in Wi-Fi Sync list)

Symptom: Unable to sync normally via Wi-Fi after switching to All Vaults view

Solution: Reset Wi-Fi Sync settings in 1Password for iOS:
    ref: OPI-3247
    1. Disable Wi-Fi Sync in 1Password for iOS
    2. Completely quit the app via the iOS multitasking window (double tap the Home button and swipe the app upward)
    3. Launch 1Password for iOS again and setup Wi-Fi Sync

We've been testing a fix for it which should be available shortly. Keep an eye out for updates!

This discussion has been closed.