Export needs improvement

Rebel
Rebel
Community Member
edited July 2011 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Although I prefer the Export To Encrypted Web Page function, occasionally I want to export data to a text file.

ALL I want is the URL, username and password. However, when you export to text file, 56 fields are set by default to be exported, thus I end up with a terribly cluttered and disorganized text file. Since there is no Check All or Uncheck All buttons, if I want to uncheck all fields except the 3 I want, I have to manually uncheck the other 53 fields, one-by-one. And the settings aren't saved, so the next time I export I have to uncheck 53 boxes again.

When exporting to a web page, I'd like to be able to select which data is exported; Although it's a simple matter to choose a category after entering the password, I don't need my credit card info, identities, software etc. to be included when all I'm trying to save is my logins.

I save a backup in 1password Interchange File format, but I have uses for the other formats as well.

mwf62g.png

Comments

• Thanks for the feedback Rebel! We're aware that some of the export/import functions could use a little work. :)
This discussion has been closed.