HTTP Auth App login stops working.

As you may have seen, I have been struggling with App logins and HTTP Auth windows for awhile. Unable to Import RoboForm Data
I thought I had a working solution for logging on to my router and other equipment that displays the HTTP Auth window. Yesterday the logins were working. I selected the login item which navigated to the router and displayed the HTTP Auth window. Then I hit Ctl-\ and the window was filled in and submitted.

Today when I tried that, the HTTP Auth window was displayed, but nothing happened when I hit Ctl-\. If I recreate a new login item, the new item works! But the old one will not work. What is going on???

The login item is created with two URLs, the first navigates to the router, the second is 'MozillaDialogClass' and fills in the HTTP Auth window. Maybe this has something to do with it. I got prompted to update to 4.6.0.598, which I did. I am using FireFox 43.0.1, on Windows 7 SP1 x64.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Application login stops working.

Comments

• DoctorBrown
    DoctorBrown
    Community Member

I have just discovered that the old logins are working again. And so are the new ones. I was trying to get the 1Password helper working again due to a problem described in another thread: FireFox extension 'Looking for 1Password helper'

After I got the helper running again, I went back to fixing the HTTP Auth logins and discovered that the ones that weren't working were now listed when I hit Ctrl-\ and were able to login. So somehow these two issues seem to be related.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DoctorBrown: Ah, indeed. Thanks for the update!

The 1Password Helper process handles all of the filling, both for Auto-Type and with the browser extensions, so if it isn't running neither will work. I'll reply to your other thread so we can investigate what the cause might be.

This discussion has been closed.