User ID altered during Windows to iOS sync via Dropbox

I have been learning 1Password for about a week (Windows 10, free demo mode 4.6.0.598). Today I installed the iPad and iPhone apps and synced using Dropbox. Instead of my User ID, the iOS login for my bank account shows my password hint - the word that's in the Txt Alpha field in 1Password on PC. The User ID on the PC is still correct. I see that I can edit the incorrect login info on the iPad but I did not do that because I was afraid Dropbox would sync that back to the Txt Alpha field on my PC program. Also I noticed that not all the logins showed up. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you for your help.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@CJFarren: It sounds like you may have some Dropbox sync conflicts. If view the contents of your vault, do you see "Conflicted Copy" files? It may be easier to view it on the Dropbox website, but you can also do it in Windows File Explorer:

Some other questions:

• What is this "Txt Alpha" field you're referring to?
    • Is this a Bank Account item, or a Login item?
    • If it's a Login, what's the URL, since it may be site-specific?
    • What iOS and 1Password versions are you using?
    • Are you certain you're using the same vault on each device (be sure to check the path)

Be sure to verify your Dropbox setup on each device, and let me know what you find. Thanks in advance! :)

• CJFarren
    CJFarren
    Community Member

Thanks for your quick response. No Conflicting Copy files but thank you for telling me where to look. Looked more closely at the login on PC. The answer to my security question (which the bank asked when I was trying to set up 1PW login) was listed as "User ID" and was repeated next to" Txt Alpha" (which is what I noticed when scrolling down the dialog window of the Bank login). There was also a field called "Personal ID" (which I think of my User ID) so I think that created the conflict when syncing. I could still log in using 1PW on PC but not on iPad. Plus there were two URLs listed on the PC login. I decided to start over and create a new log in for the bank. It works perfectly on my PC. The correct info synced to my iPad so that problem is solved! But I have yet to get logged into the bank on my iPad even though I have the Safari extension installed and have 1PW turned on/shared. Got it to enter my ID but when it goes to the next screen for my password, it is not filled in. I re-open 1PW, re-enter master PW, choose same log in, that doesn't work. I think I have a lot to learn and will keep trying and reading support website. I am using the latest versions on both iOS and Windows. Thanks again, and happy new year.

• Hi @CjFarren,

On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome.

Your bank site, does it change its design to the mobile theme on your iPad? If the site changes between desktop and mobile browsers, it means the field names can also change and 1Password might have a hard time finding the correct field to fill because you saved it from the desktop browser.

If you do see it change on the iPad, try requesting the desktop site and then ask 1Password to fill, see if it works. To do this, tap on the share button next to your address bar in Mobile Safari and you should see the option to request desktop site on the bottom row.

• CJFarren
    CJFarren
    Community Member

Thanks, it did change on the iPad. Plus, I was tapping on the icon instead of going to the web address and it was going to a different part of the bank's website. I find I have to cut and paste ID and password, it does not fill in automatically, but I can live with that.

• Hi @CJFarren,

You're saying even the desktop version of the site won't work? We use identical filling algorithms between the desktop extension and the Safari extension on iOS, it should behave the same way.

If you'd like, you can tell us the name of your bank and we'll test to see if we can make it work and if it doesn't work, we can add it to our list to fix in future extension updates.

• CJFarren
    CJFarren
    Community Member
    edited January 2016

I am sorry, I should have made it clearer. I am on a Windows laptop (using the Chrome extension). I open the 1PW helper, choose the US Bank login. It brings me to the website where the Personal ID field is. I hit Ctrl-\ and my ID is entered, I click on the Log In button which brings up another page with my "secret" picture/word and the password field. I hit Ctrl\ and it populates it correctly. I hit Log In again and there's my account.

Using my iPad via Safari I type in USbank.com. It brings up the mobile site so I choose Share and Request Desktop so it looks the same as the PC. I open Share and choose 1PW. Up pops "Log In Using" and there's the bank logo and login described as onlinebanking.usbank.com I touch the name but nothing gets filled in on the web page.

I also tried directly from 1PW. I open the US Bank login by touching the website link and the page looks the same as the PC. I choose the "key" at the top, pop up says "choose an item to fill" and "log in using" and once again there's the bank login. I choose it, but nothing happens.

I think I am doing the right things because today I have used my iPad to go to Amazon, my library account and Jerry's Artarama from both Safari and 1Browser with no problems.

Thank you for your help. I really like 1PW and the support has been very good, so I am going to purchase a license.

• Thanks for the extra details, we'll investigate to see what we can for USBank.com on the Ipad.

I really like 1PW and the support has been very good, so I am going to purchase a license.

That's great to hear and welcome to our family!

This discussion has been closed.