My problem is my bank requires that I "submit" my username before it goes to the password page.

So how do I get the username and password into one manual created login for my bank. I see how to edit the page but can't seem to get it to work as my bank thinks I am trying to create a new password and stops the process. Also, I don't quite understand what to fill out by editing a new username. The ctrlSignonWorkflow$ string is too "techie" for me to quite understand the editing, and I suspect it wouldn't work anyway as I don't know how to organize that field. Thanks.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:missing-extension-button, kb:save-login-manually

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Great question, @mikobr!

We have a great article describing the first method to try:
    https://support.1password.com/create-multi-page-login/win.html

That article includes a "if that doesn't work section" and the fallback method is also described here:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/creating-multi-page-logins

I hope that helps, @mikobr. Please let us know if you have any other questions!

• mikobr
    mikobr
    Community Member

Thanks. That seems almost harder than the copy and paste method. Given that so many sites use multiple pages (or security questions), couldn't a developer make this change within 1Password itself, or is that too complex to be practicable?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2016

I think the problem is that there are almost as many ways of coding a multiple-page login sequence as there are sites that use them. :/

The methods described in those articles are the ones we've found, over the years, to be the least convoluted and (more important) the most reliable.

On Windows, at least, the method I always used was to force 1Password to save a Login item for the first (username) page and then edit that Login item, in the main 1Password program, adding the password manually. If a particular site didn't like that Login item for some reason, I'd create a separate one for the password page.

This discussion has been closed.