One time passwords and firefox

One of my biggest pet peeves with 1password right now is how cumbersome it is to get to your one time password. I wish it would know I was on that screen and paste in the one time password like it does my username and password with a ctrl + /.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@triplebz: Sorry for the trouble! Were looking at different ways to improve this in a future version, as TOTP support was added long after the app itself was developed. Perhaps we can find a way to detect the TOTP form, though this will vary from site to site. Are you thinking that you'd just like it to fill using Ctrl \? How about adding it to the menu? Let me know how you might like it to work! :)

• triplebz
    triplebz
    Community Member

Either Ctrl \ or a menu would be fine. I would just like something that is only a click or two away instead of the several that are there now.

• We are working on simplifying and speeding this process up in the future. We'd like to be able to fill the TOTP field automatically if possible and also to show the TOTP on top of the menu next to the matched Login item.

For others, right now, the only way to get there is: Click on 1Password icon or Control + Alt + \ to bring up the menu, right-click on your Login item to click on the TOTP code to automatically copy it to the clipboard. Paste with Control + V or right-click to paste.

This discussion has been closed.