Noticed bugs

Options
jakobb
jakobb
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hey,

first of all: I very, very, very happy, that you will develop a W10 Universal App. That's great! :-)

I installed the app on my Surface and my Lumia 950. I noticed the following bugs:

• I have stored my 1Password-file onto my OneDrive. I tried to add the OneDrive version but 1Password didn't found the file. So I copied the link into the input-field. But now the Name of my vault is "253123622C2A108!A21518". It seems that this was the link-name.
  • This beta app does not know the item type "Server". There is a orange exclamation mark on the right side of my item.
  • I can not add any new items in the beta app.
  • I created some time ago a Password-item in the 1Password-app on my Mac. In the beta app there are no Password in this item. Only "created" and "last modified" tags - but no password or description.

If I will notice additional bugs, I will inform you! Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2016
    Options

@jakobb, thank you for joining us in the forum!

Can you help me understand the vault-name issue by elaborating on what link you copied, where you copied it from, and what input field you pasted it into?

There are a couple of things that might cause the beta app to display that exclamation mark. Please tap Settings > Help > Support, and send us your logs, along with a link to this forum thread.

The beta app does not yet include the ability to add items, unless you're using a 1Password for Teams vault.

Thanks so much for your help, @jakobb!

• jakobb
    jakobb
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

@DBrown thank you for answering! :chuffed:

Because 1Password Beta didn't found any vault on my OneDrive, I have to insert the link to the vault, stored on OneDrive.
    But now, 1Password found my vault on OneDrive. :-)
    Apparently it took a while for searching or scanning my OneDrive.

What I have noticed: I am unable to delete/close a vault by right clicking. It would be great, if you could add this. :chuffed:

1.PNG 16.6K
  • jakobb
    jakobb
    Community Member
    Options

And this UI-Bug:

2.PNG 11.9K
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2016
    Options

Thanks for the follow-up, @jakobb!

If you hold your finger on (or hold the mouse pointer over) the exclamation mark in the list, does a message appear? If so, it might give us an idea what's causing the icon to be displayed. [Erroneous statement removed by author.]

If you tap (click) on the vault name in the list of vaults, there should be a Close command on the menu that appears. Can you let us know whether that works for you?

ref: DFS-63628-946

• jakobb
    jakobb
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, it works with tapping on the vault name with OneDrive vaults. BUT not with folder vaults. And I think that's not intuitive - better would be a right click or a long hold on the item (for Phones etc)

The exclamation mark says that the 1Password do not know the item type (it should be "Server").

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for that info, @jakobb. I'll let Dev know about the "close" capability for a folder-synced vault, in case there's a problem.

As for "Server," I must've been hallucinating yesterday. I'll check with Dev about that, as well.

This discussion has been closed.