Attempting to open 1Password results into a flash and nothing else [Issue is with Secure Desktop]

brianwillems
brianwillems
Community Member
edited January 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

When I open my browser to chrome or opera, 1password will not work . I have downloaded ext, for both I do not get an error message the screen just does a quick flash and then nothing happens. doesn't fill in the forms. I can also do the right click and it shows 1password as an option bit again will not load it. I have been using this since beginning of December, I have paid for this as well and already entered my Key.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: 4.5.1.90
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Extensions not working for chrome or opera.

Comments

• Hi @brianwillems,

Do you have Unlock on secure desktop enabled for your browser extensions? The flash you saw sounds a lot like when 1Password tries to give you the unlock prompt on a secure desktop but Windows couldn't create the secure desktop and crashed.

Try this:

1. Open the main 1Password program and unlock
    2. Go to the File Menu > Preferences > Browsers
    3. Uncheck Unlock on secure desktop next to [Unlock] and press OK.

Go to the Help Menu > Restart 1Password Helper and see if 1Password works now in both Opera and Chrome.

• brianwillems
    brianwillems
    Community Member

Mike,
    Hey that did the trick thank you .. So if I may ask is that a bug? or?

• Hi @brianwillems,

You're welcome! It's not a bug on our side but rather an interference from a third party or an issue with Windows. This is usually difficult to reproduce because it is very specific to the user's system.

If you want to figure this out, try to disable the Internet connection on your PC and then the security programs you have installed such as your anti-malware solution. Now, re-enable Unlock on Secure Desktop in 1Password, try to see if it works better now.

If it does, you need to check the security's settings to whitelist 1Password.exe, Agile1pAgent.exe and consent.exe processes. The latter is the Secure Desktop program from Windows.

This discussion has been closed.