How do I sync between my pc and my surface. I don't use drop box

I have my main computer and a surface for travel. How do I sync between the 2 using wifi? I don't use drop box, don't want to. Do I have to export from my main computer and then import to my surface?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do I sync between 2 pc's

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2016

Hi @Dalex7,

Do you use anything to copy/transfer your data between your computers, like OneDrive or a local sync tool like MS SyncToy?

Are you planning to use any mobile devices or is it just going to be these two computers for syncing 1Password?

• dalex7
    dalex7
    Community Member

Hi Mike,
    I do use one cloud by Microsoft and I have loaded the 1password on my iPhone but I haven't used it on the iPhone.

• MikeT
    edited January 2016

Hi @dalex7,

You can use Microsoft's OneDrive to sync your data between your computers if you'd like to do that. However, the iPhone version of 1Password does not support OneDrive but you can pick one computer to sync to your iPhone via Wi-Fi in addition to using OneDrive between PCs.

Would this work for you?

• dalex7
    dalex7
    Community Member

Mike,
    Yes, thank you. I will try to set up the one drive. I haven't had much luck with it since a few Microsoft updates ago. I originally had my home (work) computer set up so everything would be backed up to One Drive and anytime I was out in the field I could open the one drive on my surface and it was always up to date. Since I updated, (Office 2016) but then had to go back to older version of office since the outlook no longer worked with the exchange server we have at work my One Drive hasn't been automatically updating. I have to make an appointment with the Microsoft store to get it figured out.
    Thanks for your help.
    Dan

• Hi @dalex7,

You're welcome.

In that case, when you do get OneDrive setup, all you have to do is drag the 1Password.agilekeychain folder to your OneDrive folder and that should be it. You can find that folder right now in the default Documents > 1Password folder.

If it is not there, you can find the current path by opening 1Password, unlock, and go to the File Menu > Preferences > General. Next to 1Password data: is the path. Make sure you close 1Password before moving the folder.

For the Wi-Fi sync, here's our guide on setting this up: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/syncing-over-wi-fi

This discussion has been closed.