Internet Explorer 1-Password extension does not work with latest version on a Windows 8.1 computer.

I have re-installed program and restarted my computer but the Internet Explorer Extension does not work.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:The Internet Explorer extension does not work with latest update.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Darren_McMartin: There are a few things that need to be setup correctly on your system for the 1Password extension to function in Internet Explorer:

1. Open the Internet Options control panel.
    2. Select the Advanced tab.
    3. Scroll down to the Browsing section of the options, and make sure that Enable third-party browser extensions is enabled.
    4. Select the Programs tab.
    5. Click the Manage add-ons button.
    6. In the list of Toolbars and Extensions, make sure that both 1Password add-ons are enabled.
    7. Right-click on the toolbar in Internet Explorer.
    8. Go to Customize > Add or remove commands.
    9. Select 1Password from “Available toolbar buttons” on the left, click Add->, and then Close.
    10. You can also use the “Move up” button on the right to put the 1Password button at the top of the “Current toolbar buttons” list.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions! :)

• Darren_McMartin
    Darren_McMartin
    Community Member

I did all the recommended steps and still nothing happens when I click on the 1-Password icon on the tool bar. Worked fine before latest update.

• Hi @Darren_McMartin - Can you try the tips in the "Troubleshooting communication issues between 1Password and the extension" article.

Please let us know if this helps.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Darren_McMartin: Indeed, it sounds like you may have some other software blocking it on your computer. Laura's link will help narrow it down. Please let us know what you find! :)

• Darren_McMartin
    Darren_McMartin
    Community Member

Opened 1-Password application and chose to re-install Internet Explorer extension and it worked.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that installing the extension did the trick. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.