I have a pc, iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2. Can I just buy one license? Can I access from all devices?

I'm trying to decide if this is the best password keeper for my purposes. I will always need to have access using a pc, iPad and iPhone. I'm not likely to purchase a Mac - I've tried twice and I just don't care for it. Also, I don't understand how I download from Dropbox. I actually have all my passcodes in Evernote, which I know is horrible!!!

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:how to sync with Dropbox, kb:switch-to-dropbox, kb:license-requirements

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I have a pc, iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2. Can I just buy one license? Can I access from all devices?

@laura_hosler: Yes. You'll need to buy a license for 1Password for Windows, but 1Password for iOS is free download (with an in-app purchase only if you want the Pro Features). However, there is no way to bundle the two, since iOS apps are only available through the App Store. And then there's Dropbox...

Also, I don't understand how I download from Dropbox.

It's actually really simple: you'll need to install the Dropbox app on your PC and setup 1Password for Windows to store your vault there, and then when you setup 1Password for iOS just tell it to use your vault in Dropbox. Just follow the guide:

Dropbox Sync setup

I actually have all my passcodes in Evernote, which I know is horrible!!!

I think it's safe to say that everyone has some room for improvement when it comes to security, so no shame in that. I think the best way to make the transition (or just test it out using the free trial) is to save new logins in 1Password as you use them, rather than trying to do it all at once. I generally cycle through most of mine every month (bills — you know how it is), and then just take the time to add any other stragglers if necessary once you've determined that 1Password is a good fit for you.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.