Limitations on using Dropbox to sync

When I set up 1password on the iMac used by my wife and I and iOS devices, it allowed my to log in to the Dropbox account of my choice. This is important since I use my wife's Dropbox for syncing 1Password with our OSX and iOS devices. I want to also allow my Windows PC to access the sync file in my wife's Dropbox account, but the current version for Windows seems limited to only using my personal Dropbox folder on my PC, which prevents me from syncing to my wife's Dropbox. This makes using 1Password on my PC pretty much useless so I am only using it on the Mac and iOS devices. The reason I like to use my wife's Dropbox is that it is only for passwords for accounts we share. I use a separate program that syncs to my Dropbox for my own personal passwords.

Suggestions?

1Password Version: 4.6.598
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited June 2016

Hi @gordonrd520,

The limitations are the same between Mac and Windows, Dropbox does not allow you to switch between accounts for their clients on the PCs. However, the iOS version of 1Password uses the Dropbox APIs to let you use any accounts you want per vault.

What you can do is share the 1Password folder from your wife's Dropbox account to your Dropbox's account, the folder will then be in sync between both accounts. Here's how to do this from your Mac with the wife's Dropbox account being used: https://support.1password.com/dropbox-share-vault/?mac

This discussion has been closed.