I am running 3.8.20 on my MAC (OS is the latest Capitan) and on my IPhone 6 it keeps crashing. Help

I am running version 3.8.20 on my MAC (OS Is the latest Capitan) and on my IPhone 6. The IPhone app keeps crashing (sending me back to my opening screen). What must I do.

1Password Version: 3.8.20
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MAC 10.11.2 and IOS 9.2
Sync Type: WiFi
Referrer: kb-search:upgrade my 1 password, kb:upgrade-license, kb:check-app-version

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@charlie_winch it seems to me that you probably have two separate problems, but as you've posted in the 1P for Mac forum (rather than the 1P for iOS forum) I'm going to address the 1P3 problem first (although I appreciate you may not yet be aware of that problem).

As your post does relate to 1P3 for Mac I have moved the post from the 1Password for Mac forum to the 1P3 legacy forum where you will get more help.

The best place to start is by reading this sticky at the top of the forum.

I'd suggest that if you're also having a problem with 1P for iOS you make a new post in the 1P for iOS forum. When you do that please confirm again (as you did in your post here) your 1P for iOS version and your iOS version—but also please tell us what you're doing when 1P for iOS crashes and also let us know the exact text of any error message you see.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @charlie_winch,

Please let me know if the link that Stephen posted has helped explain the situation with 1Password 3 and El Capitan. As to the question about 1Password for iOS, I'm not quite sure I understand the issue. If you're using Wi-Fi sync, you would need to be using 1Password 3 on your iOS device as well, and just like the Mac version, you might see some issues running an older app in the latest iOS.

I would strongly recommend upgrading 1Password on your Mac and your iOS devices. Our developers have made some great changes to 1Password since version 3, I think you'll really love it! As is mentioned in that thread that Stephen linked to, you get a discount on your new 1Password license as an existing user, so upgrading is a little bit easier.

If you have any further questions (or if I'm misunderstanding the issue with 1Password on your iOS device) please let me know! :)

This discussion has been closed.