Manually adding HTTP URLs for local development

I develop web applications. To test different roles and scenarios 1Password is extremely handy.

But I have an issue. We have a staged development environment and choose domain names as in http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2606

So there is:

When I logged in at the production site 1Password prompted to save the password.

1. I never get asked on *.localhost.
  2. After I opened 1Password and added the .localhost URL to the URL list (at the end). It did not show up when using the browser. After reordering the URLs (.localhost to the top) it shows up in the browser on the *localhost site but not anymore in production.

So now I have 2 entries with different orders of URLs just to make it work. I thought the URL list is exactly for scenarios like this. Did I do something wrong?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: 4.5.2.b2
OS Version: 6.2.9200 Win 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:url match

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Lennybacon: Sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may just need to Enable Multiple URLs in 1Password Preferences > Logins. This option does have a performance penalty associated with it, since it means decrypting more data on the fly to access those in addition to the first, but it will allow 1Password to offer a login for any URL you save in it. Does that help? :)

• Lennybacon
    Lennybacon
    Community Member

@brenty Thanks. Works like charm!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.