Identity and credit card filling

Comments

• sseb17
    sseb17
    Community Member
    edited January 2016

I'm currently on 4.6.0.598. Login filling works no problem. However identity and credit card filling didn't work. I tried doing the renaming of the bainlib32.dll file to old-brainlib32.dll and that only brought back credit card filling not identity. Like I said though this is after the version 585 which both didn't work. I also know there isn't an issue with my identity data since it works perfectly fine on my Mac.

Just a side note this is on Windows 10 Pro using Chrome but Firefox doesn't work as well.

• That's peculiar, @sseb17.

Can you please tell us the exact versions of Chrome and Firefox that you're using?
    I've not been able to reproduce this behaviour with the latest versions of both browsers.

• sseb17
    sseb17
    Community Member

Chrome: Version 47.0.2526.106 m (64-bit)
    Firefox: 43.0.4

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2016

@sseb17: Since we're dealing with very different versions than the original thread and it seems to be something specific to your setup, I've split you off into a new discussion.

Edit: I realize I kind of glossed over this, but I haven't been able to reproduce this behaviour either since the fix in August.

It sounds like maybe you've either got an old version of the extension, something is damaged, or other software may be interfering. To help narrow down if it's something with 1Password itself, please do the following:

1. Remove the 1Password extension from each browser
    2. Uninstall the 1Password app itself
    3. Remove any remaining 1Password files from Program Files (x86) (likely the renamed DLL)
    4. Restart Windows
    5. Install a fresh copy of 1Password from the AgileBits site
    6. Install a fresh copy of the extension in each browser
    7. Restart Windows if prompted
    8. Try filling both an identity and credit card in each browser

Let me know if that helps. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

This discussion has been closed.