A lightweight version of 1Password with no separate Dropbox client and for remote access

pkp7254
pkp7254
Community Member
edited January 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi, I was always happy with 1Password for iOS (and got the pro version). Keeping the lovely iOS interface in mind i bought the bundle pack for both Windows & Mac on the 11th of Jan 2016. and here's what i am unhappy about.
1. Dropbox synchronization. Had to install Dropbox client on the machine or create it on the local machine and then upload the keychain file to dropbox.
2. I will have to install client software on my windows and mac laptops for the browser extensions to work. This will be extremely difficult when i use a friends computer or my parent's computer and even difficult when i travel.
I was super excited while buying it but only to realize it consumes a lot of time and not the kind of product i need at this stage. I appreciate if you can refund the money please. Sorry guys...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Not happy with the product, need a refund

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2016

Hi @pkp7254,

I've refunded your order and you should see the money back within a few business days. If you don't see anything in a few weeks, let us know.

As for why you're not happy, am I correct to understand you want something very light that you can access from anywhere? Right now, you need the program in order to decrypt your 1Password data locally, since we do not store your data in the cloud and the Dropbox client is the best way to sync your data locally on the desktops.

I would recommend checking out 1Password for Teams later in the year, our upcoming cloud based version of 1Password where you are able to manage your data in the web browser without any extensions and programs, this would work when you're traveling or you're at others' computers. In addition, as we would be syncing your data, there would be no separate sync clients on the desktops beside the main app itself.

There's also 1Password for Windows 10 beta in the Windows 10 Store that will work with 1Password for Teams and it has a built-in browser as well, like what you might have seen in 1Password for iOS.

• pkp7254
    pkp7254
    Community Member

Thank you Mike, yes you are right... I am looking for something that is light and cloud based. Will check and give 1Password for teams a try. Thank you for understanding my problem and appreciate your prompt response and action.

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.