I can't tell which of my Dropbox accounts my 1Password vault is within. how do you figure that out?

OK, so I have had a tough time getting 1Password to be on the same valut across all of my devices. Part of the problem is that I can't tell which of my Dropbox accounts (work or personal) the vault is located in. How can I tell to which dropbox account I am connected from within 1Password?

1Password Version: 4.5.0.575
Extension Version: 4.5.2.90
OS Version: Windows 7 Professional
Sync Type: Drobox
Referrer: forum-search:I can't tell which of my Dropbox accounts my 1Password vault is within. how do you figure that out?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2016

Hi @dsiind,

On the desktops, 1Password does not handle your Dropbox sync, it is the Dropbox client that handles the sync for you. This is different from the mobile versions of 1Password where it does handle the sync for you.

To find out which Dropbox.com account you're currently logged in on your computers, click on the Dropbox icon in your notification tray area and then click on the Settings (gear) icon on top right to select Preferences. Go to Account and you should see which account it is currently signed in.

Dropbox doesn't allow you to use more than one account in the same Windows account. However, there is a way you can use the same 1Password data with multiple Dropbox accounts and that is to share your 1Password folder between them as if you're sharing the folder with a different family member.

If you want to find out where your current 1Password data exists on the drive, open the main 1Password program, unlock, and go to the File Menu > 1Password > General to look at the 1Password Vault entry.

This discussion has been closed.