Logins are gone

So I was changing some information on my phone and when I got home all logins and everything were gone from the 1password app. I have 4 vaults and I cant get my #1 vault to work. Also I moved dropbox to my wd passport and not sure if that made a secondary impact. Please HELP!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @brianwillems,

When you said it is gone, do you mean the database is empty or do you mean 1Password can't find the vault?

Was the first vault in your Dropbox folder? If yes, the moving of Dropbox to your external drive will remove it from 1Password as well since it doesn't know what happens to the folder in the previous path.

Try to open the vault from your Dropbox folder in your WD Passport drive. To do this, open 1Password, go to the File Menu > Open 1Password Vault and direct it to your 1Password folder in the Dropbox directory in your WD Passport.

• brianwillems
    brianwillems
    Community Member

Ok Miket let me try this again. What I would like to acheive is to have 1password and dropbox, installed on my WD passport. I AM trying to keep all my work, and personal data off of the computer that I work from. Achieving this will answer any of my other questions. So when I backup or make a vault I would like everything to sync and backup onto my passport

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@brianwillems: I'm not sure what the best way is to use an external drive for Dropbox storage (essentially as a 'portable app' — or if it's wise (or even possible to do so reliably). You'd need to consult Dropbox for advice there.

But what I can tell you regarding 1Password is that storing your vault on an external drive should be fine, so long as you close the app and unmount the drive properly before disconnecting it, to prevent any damage to the data. 1Password doesn't care where your data is stored, but as Mike mentioned you'll need to open the vault in 1Password for it to know where it's located (1Password > File > Open 1Password Vault). if you haven't yet done so, 1Password won't know where it's been moved to. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.