it seems my computer 1Password is not syncing with Dropbox (though my iphone is)- help!

it seems my computer 1Password is not syncing with Dropbox (though my iphone is). For example, when we updated our password for a site, my phone OnePassword correctly shows the updated password but my computer still shows the old one.

Help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:dropbox-ready

Comments

• Michelle Gale
    Michelle Gale
    Community Member

it seems my computer 1Password is not syncing with Dropbox (though my iphone is). For example, when we updated our password for a site, my phone OnePassword correctly shows the updated password but my computer still shows the old one.

Help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: kb:dropbox-ready

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Michelle Gale: Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry for the trouble.

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me all OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you certain that you're using the same vault on each device, and the same Dropbox account as well? If not, your devices will be syncing data, but completely independent of each other. Please follow the steps in this guide, as it will help narrow it down:

Dropbox troubleshooting

Let me know what you find. Thanks in advance! :)

• Michelle Gale
    Michelle Gale
    Community Member
    edited January 2016

the home computer is a Mac running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. 1Password 4. I cannot answer YES to the questions in the troubleshooting guide because we have different dropbox accounts- we have our personal one, and then my company has one that i use. It's my work computer that's not syncing so i dunno, maybe thats the problem. But basically i'd really like to work this through with someone live, can you call me at [removed by moderator]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Michelle Gale: Aha! Thank you! I think that might be part of the problem. Fortunately, most problems have solutions! ;)

Now, we are a small company, so we don't have a call center. I've removed your phone number from your post, since this is a public forum. And we find it's much simpler to troubleshoot via email or in the forums, since technical information is difficult to exchange over the phone anyway. So with that in mind, if you prefer email, just send a link to this discussion for context to support+forums@agilebits.com and we can help there instead.

However, it sounds like the solution here may be simple: if you've got 1Password data syncing to two separate Dropbox accounts, that would explain why you're not seeing the same information in both. In that case, the best thing to do will be to share the vault from one Dropbox account with the other, so that they can both access it:

Share a vault using Dropbox

Without knowing the specifics of your setup, I can give you an example that you can apply it to your own situation as needed:

1. Share the vault in your personal Dropbox account on your home computer with your work Dropbox account, so you can access it there. (This can be done either from the Dropbox folder on your Mac, or on the Dropbox website when logged into your personal account.)
    2. Then, once Dropbox has finished syncing the vault to your work computer, simply open it in 1Password for Windows (File > Open 1Password Vault)
    3. And of course if you prefer, you could do the opposite instead: share the vault on your work computer from that Dropbox account to your personal, so it can be accessed at home.

If you can give me a sense of what data you want where (some people prefer to keep completely separate vaults for these purposes) and where it resides now (if it's more complex than work/home), I can offer more detailed instructions. Let me know! :)

This discussion has been closed.