Sync problem from Windows to iPad with WiFi and DropBox

I am currently using 1Password Pro for Windows (version 4.6.0.598) on both my home and office desktop PCs. I also have 1Password Pro for my iPad (not sure what version but Apple Store says it is most current). I just noticed that both of my desktop computers are synced properly between each other via DropBox and are up to date. However, my iPad Air 2 is not syncing - it has data from 2014. I am able to sync my iPad2 to both of my desktops for SplashMoney via WiFi, so I know the iPad is finding the WiFi in both locations, but 1Password is not able to locate any WiFi even when I keep pressing "Refresh List" under WiFi sync in the iPad. I am not sure why my iPad is not able to sync with DropBox, as it has in the past. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

1Password Version: for Windows version 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: 4.5.2 for Firefox
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: WiFi & Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:Sync problems

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@khdc: Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry for the trouble.

I think part of the problem may be that you seem to be trying to use both Dropbox(?) and Wi-Fi Sync. Since this is not possible in 1Password for iOS, I wonder if something might simply be setup incorrectly there. Dropbox is often the better option since it doesn't require any particular network setup. So long as you have an internet connection, it can sync your data automatically in the background.

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me all OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

For example, is it just the two devices (PC and iPad)? If so, it looks like we've got the info on the Windows side, and then you can find the 1Password for iOS version in the app's Settings:

Which version of 1Password am I using? (iOS)

In addition, the more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you certain that you're using the same vault on each device, and the same Dropbox account as well? If not, your devices will be syncing data, but completely independent of each other, which would explain why information on the iPad is out of date. Please follow the steps in this guide, as it will help narrow it down:

Dropbox troubleshooting

Let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

This discussion has been closed.