After importing Keepass CSV some username and password fields are empty. Why?

Hello,

I'm currently looking at 1Pasword if it can replace Keepas. I'm trying to inmport the Keepass CSV. Some (not all!) usernames and PW fields are empty after import. Other fields are filled correctly. In CSV file the username and field are filled in. If I do an second import, some of the empty records are imported correctly but other (which where imported correctly with the first import) show missing username and password.

I'm using Win10 and 1password 4.6.0.598

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:user name empty after csv import, kb-search:username empty after csv import, kb:create-csv-files

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @RadomirW ,

Which Keepass are you using, and which version?

• RadomirW
    RadomirW
    Community Member

Keepass 1.28. I do Not think it is the keepass export but the 1password import. Sometimes records are imported correctly and sometimes they are not. It is random successfully.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2016

@RadomirW ,

There is a keepass2 converter in the converter suite. I don't recall if Keepass 1.x exports to XML. However, if it does not, you can import your Keepass 1.x database into portable Keepass 2, and export to XML, whereby the converter can create a 1Password importable 1PIF file for you. Follow the directions on the first post and the README.pdf.

I haven't tried a CSV import in 1Password for Windows for a while now, so am not sure what state the CSV importer is in. I abandon CSV format in the converters long ago, as it wasn't reliable, was too much a black box w/out diagnostics, too limited, and 1PIF is the reliable format of choice.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed. It simply isn't possible for 1Password to understand data that is incomplete or malformed, so MrC's converters can be a big help when it comes to getting your data into a usable format for import into 1Password. 1PIF is an open format that 1Password can read though, so converting your exported data to 1PIF will allow it to be imported flawlessly. Please let us know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.