I bought 1Password for iOS and Android do I qualify for a discount?

I have purchased the full premium subscriptions from Apple and Google play as well as I am an Android Beta Tester for 1Password... I do not feel as though I should have to pay for a windows license as well.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: 4.5.2.3
OS Version: Windows 7 Home Premium x64, iOS 9.2, Android 5.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: ug:android/, ug:android/settings-premium-features, ug:android/premium-features, kb:bundle-license

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sharpeusn: Just to clarify, the Pro and Premium Features (in 1Password for iOS and Android respectively) are not recurring subscriptions. They're a one-time charge to unlock the full app, and they're both yours to use forever!

And in that vein, 1Password is licensed on a per-platform basis, so 1Password for Windows is a separate purchase from the iOS and Android versions. In fact, Windows apps cannot be sold in the Google Play store, and won't run on an Android device anyway. Also, this allows people to purchase only the versions they'll actually use (for instance, if you don't have a Mac you'll have no use for that version).

We also charge sustainable prices for our products so that we can continue developing our software and supporting you and the rest of our awesome customers. Otherwise, none of us at AgileBits would be available to answer questions like this and help troubleshoot! I don't know about you, but I just can't work for free. I've got bills to pay, and frankly my wife would kill me! So I am very grateful for you and anyone else who has supported AgileBits so my colleagues and I can continue to make a living doing what we love.

Now, it's entirely up to you where you spend your hard-earned money, but we at AgileBits put a lot of time and energy into both developing new versions of 1Password and supporting you, but the only way we can do this is by getting paid for our hard work (which we think is fair). We're just not prepared to give 1Password for Windows away for free and hurt our customers (and ourselves) in the process.

That said, we often have sales and other promotions, and you can keep up with AgileBits and 1Password news by following us on Facebook, Twitter, our blog, and our email newsletter. Nothing spammy, always just useful 1Password tips and announcements.

I'll also send you a private message with some additional information, so be sure to check for that! I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :D

This discussion has been closed.