Trying to access 1Password in Firefox Developer Edition - not happening consistently

Managed to install extension in one instance of the program but failing in another instance. What steps do I need to take to make it work?

1Password Version: 4.0.6
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Firefox developer edition

Comments

• Hi @TrueGeezerJock,

1. Can you explain what you mean by another instance of the program, which program are you referring to and by instance, do you mean a separate copy of the said program or a new window? Is this for Firefox Dev Edition that you searched for?
    2. Also, when you say failing, do you mean you see the 1Password extension in this second instance and it is not responding?
    3. I noticed you said 1Password 4.0.6 in the version area, is that correct or do you mean 1Password 4.6.0?
  • TrueGeezerJock
    TrueGeezerJock
    Community Member

Meant simply that I work across multiple PCs and that while on one I was able to install the extension, on two others I was refused.

By failing, I meant that the only method I find to install 1password into the browser is via the settings tab in 1password; it obviously disclaims support for betas, but in fact it did install on one machine's Firefox for developers browser but not the others; I am completely dependent on it.

And yes, of course I should have written 4.6.0.

• Hi @TrueGeezerJock,

The extension installation is not handled by us but by the browser. If you were taken to our extension page in Firefox to click on Install and then it said it was denied or refused, that usually means you may have an AV installed blocking the connection to our servers to pull the extension file or it was downloaded on disk but then removed promptly before Firefox could install it.

Do you use BitDefender or Avast?

Try our suggestion here to do a local file install instead.

• TrueGeezerJock
    TrueGeezerJock
    Community Member

Perfect! Thank you.

• You're absolutely welcome!

This discussion has been closed.