Safari was working fine with extension 3.9.20, suddenly "Problem with Database".

I'm still running version 3.8.17 and it has been fine for months now with Yosemite, years with Lion. The application itself still seems to work. But in Safari, the gray area that says "Enter Master Password..." becomes Red/Maroon with the message "Problem with Database." It goes on to say "Extension database not available. Please press Command-Option-Q to restart your browser and discard [it's cut off there]. So I don't know what file to discard, and whether it's even possible to discard stuff with Yosemite anymore. I did a minor upgrade to Coda 2.5.15 tonight and I suppose it might have corrupted a file that Safari and Coda and 1 Password share.


1Password Version: 3.8.17
Extension Version: 3.9.20
OS Version: OSX 10.10.5
Sync Type: no iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:database

Comments

  • Hello @ted_mooney,

    Before we proceed it's best to ensure we're not about to lose anything. In 1Password 3 the way the extension works is by maintaining it's own copy of the encrypted vault and synchronising with the main 1Password 3 application by way of the 1Password Helper. If the two become disconnected it is possible for there to be information only in the extension's database.

    I would like you to create a Diagnostic Report please. This guide will assist.

    Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

    The email address you will want to use is [email protected].

    When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

    Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

    I just want to see if there are unsynced items, if the extension database is indeed truly not available and then we can proceed from there.

    If the extension database is really unavailable then there won't be the right files to tell if there were unsynced items. In this case uninstalling the extension, restarting Safari and installing a fresh copy would force the extension to re-connect to 1Password 3 for Mac and populate the new extension database with the contents of your vault. We'll know better once we hear back from you :smile:

  • Thank you. I have submitted my diagnostics report as #SVJ-95473-269

  • Hi @ted_mooney,

    I've found your ticket and replied :smile: Thank you for posting the ticket ID, it really helps us locate it amongst all the emails we receive.

    ref: SVJ-95473-269

This discussion has been closed.