Duplicate Login items seem to be linked

My 1Password for Windows recently started showing some login items twice. It did this once before, and in the process of trying to fix it, I deleted some items and pretty much had to start from scratch.

This time, I was more careful and I tried to track the issue. I unlinked Dropbox (where my vault is stored) from my computer and deleted the Dropbox folder. Even after re-syncing Dropbox, the duplicate items still appear.

The duplicates do not seem to be passwords that were simply saved twice. Each set of duplicates have exactly the same information, including the timestamp. Also, if I add one of them to my favorites, both appear.

Everything is fine on 1Password for my iPhone, each item only shows up once. My uneducated guess is that something is causing 1Password to read the entry from the Vault twice, but both items are accessing the same memory space, so when one changes so does the other.

Image showing multiple logins, including duplicates:

Image showing first entry of a duplicated item:

Image showing second entry of a duplicated item:

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: 4.5.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10 (6.2.9600, from ext.)
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:duplicate logins

Comments

• @ericroch - Thank you very much for the screen shots clarifying the problem you are having with duplicated items. I'm not too sure what would cause this so I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

—Windows—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• ericroch
    ericroch
    Community Member

@LauraR, I am having trouble generating the diagnostics report for Windows. When I click on Help -> Diagnostics Report -> Export to File, nothing happens. I have tried force quitting 1Password, but that didn't help. Is there any other way to generate a report?

I have the iOS report ready, but I suspect the Windows one is what will show the problem. Should I go ahead and send the iOS report to the support email, or wait until I get both?

Thanks!

• @ericroch - Yes please go ahead and send the report from your iPhone and then we will continue the troubleshooting via email. If you could post the ticket number that you receive from our BitBot I will be sure to look out for it. Thanks!

• ericroch
    ericroch
    Community Member

Here is the ID number from BitBot: #ZEP-17392-841

• Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.