Favorites not working on PC after upgrade

I tried to add a couple of logins to my favorites and they did not take. This was after I upgraded to the latest update.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: 4.5.2
OS Version: System 7 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Favorites not working on PC

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hwfitzjr: Oddly enough, this is the first report I've heard since the update was released at the end of last year, and I'm not having any trouble marking items as Favorites (or removing them) here. Can you tell me the exact steps you're taking, along with any other details that might be relevant (item type, vault format, etc.)? Thanks in advance! :)

• hwfitzjr
    hwfitzjr
    Community Member

I don't understand the upgrade difference. I just got notification of an upgrade yesterday (1/18/2016). I do what I always have done with favorites, go to login, note or user and tick the favorite star which turns black but the favorite count does not change. When I go back to the item the star is clear. I am using my main vault. I have two other vaults created on my iMac that do not show up on any of my other devices. I have verified that all my devices are connected to the correct file in Dropbox and synced.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hwfitzjr: That is really strange. I'm sorry you're having this issue! Thanks for bearing with my confusion. It's just the first I've heard of this, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding.

Do you perhaps not have the proper permissions for the vault? That would explain why the changes aren't being written. Are you able to edit and create items normally otherwise? And are you having the same Favorites issue with your other vaults too?

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

This discussion has been closed.