Profile filling fails on Mac-imported LastPass items

In November, I used the Mac 1Password 5 application to import all of my passwords (around 1,000) and profiles, etc. from LastPass to 1Password, then used Dropbox sync to share around to iOS and Windows. The logins appear to work fine, but every time I've tried to use one of the Identities or Wallet entries to fill shipping or credit card information, nothing fills (definitely in Chrome). I don't even have a specific site example, though I can come up with one next time I need it or even do some tests somewhere, but I've tried it around 10 times on different sites that should be pretty standard HTML with no fields filling at all. Is this likely a side-effect of the import, or something else? I've edited a Wallet entry prior to filling and editing/saving doesn't seem to help. Is there a way to resolve this without recreating the entries manually?

Note: I've just run a test using a new profile (just first and last name) and an existing profile (imported, two different ones of my six profiles) at the checkout page at http://www.keyboardco.com if you add an item to your cart and check out for credit card payment. The URL I end up at, not that it matters, is https://secure3.prositehosting.co.uk/keyboardco/checkout-1.asp?tid=72608&tr=1# and when I select two existing profiles from the 1Password add-in in Chrome, nothing fills. When I select a new test profile from the same menu, my first and last name fill correctly under Invoice Information.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: 4.5.2.3 (beta)
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member

In November, I used the Mac 1Password 5 application to import all of my passwords (around 1,000) and profiles, etc. from LastPass to 1Password, then used Dropbox sync to share around to iOS and Windows. The logins appear to work fine, but every time I've tried to use one of the Identities or Wallet entries to fill shipping or credit card information, nothing fills (definitely in Chrome). I don't even have a specific site example, though I can come up with one next time I need it or even do some tests somewhere, but I've tried it around 10 times on different sites that should be pretty standard HTML with no fields filling at all. Is this likely a side-effect of the import, or something else? I've edited a Wallet entry prior to filling and editing/saving doesn't seem to help. Is there a way to resolve this without recreating the entries manually?

Note: I've just run a test using a new profile (just first and last name) and an existing profile (imported, two different ones of my six profiles) at the checkout page at http://www.keyboardco.com if you add an item to your cart and check out for credit card payment. The URL I end up at, not that it matters, is https://secure3.prositehosting.co.uk/keyboardco/checkout-1.asp?tid=72608&tr=1# and when I select two existing profiles from the 1Password add-in in Chrome, nothing fills. When I select a new test profile from the same menu, my first and last name fill correctly under Invoice Information.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
    Extension Version: 4.5.2.3 (beta)
    OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dszp: Holy crap. I actually want to go shopping there now. I really am a nerd! :lol:

Sorry, I got distracted. Okay! So, I was able to reproduce the issue initially after installing the beta extension on my Windows 10 machine...but after restarting Chrome the site is complaining that I've entered too many characters, but filling works fine. Do you maybe have an update pending as well? You could also restart Windows, in case something is preventing the Helper from running.

This doesn't seem to be related to the import, since you say it doesn't work with a new item either. Let me know what you find!

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member

@brenty Oh I know...long story short, didn't like Surface Pro 3's Type Cover after 6 months so I bought two Bluetooth mechanical keyboards from The Keyboard Company (a Filco Convertible 2 and their original convertible 2/3 version)--not cheap but worth it as much as I type. Exchange rate to pounds sterling from USD hurt but shipping was insanely fast :-) I was on their site yesterday to find contact info to ask about some key chatter I've been seeing on one keyboard and figured I'd use it as my example since they have a newly redesigned site that's likely pretty standard.

Anyway. All Windows Updates applied and I rebooted yesterday (had a random .dll corruption issue sfc /scannow wouldn't fix but used DISM and now sfc /scannow runs clean, rebooted after fixes). All versions of everything are at the latest. Will try again when I'm back on PC in a few.

Also, somehow I've ended up with two discussions here, unintentionally and didn't realize it. I posted to the Windows forum initially, had a URL that set my post to Pending (I assume for spam filtering), waited for approval but later came back and my post was in Draft mode so I removed URL and posted it. Figured I'd edit it and move to it to the Form Filling forum instead a bit later, which I did...but now there's this post and the one numbered 56776, one in each forum. I assume the original post that was pending was approved in the Windows forum without me knowing and the draft I posted later must have been a duplicate (this one has the URL so it's the approved original, the other one is the edited draft reposted). Another long story short, should probably merge them and sorry for the trouble :-) Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@brenty Oh I know...long story short, didn't like Surface Pro 3's Type Cover after 6 months so I bought two Bluetooth mechanical keyboards from The Keyboard Company (a Filco Convertible 2 and their original convertible 2/3 version)--not cheap but worth it as much as I type.

@dszp: Okay I might have to look into this further. You know, purely out of professional interest. ;)

Thanks so much for mentioning the duplicate posts! At first I thought you were referring to the two above(!) but now that I see we've essentially got two parallel discussions going I'll close this one (rather than try to merge them, which could be confusing) and we'll focus on the browser filling issue:

Profile filling fails on Mac-imported LastPass items

This discussion has been closed.