Browser extensions not communicating with helper

Everything used to work but recently stopped. Both Chrome and Firefox extensions don't work. Get the try again, Either the helper is not running, or something is preventing it from communicating with the 1Password browser extension message

Windows 7 enterprise
Behind a proxy
Dropbox keychain
1Password the program works, just the browser integration has failed. tried suggestions in FAQ but no joy. Uninstalled and reinstalled 1Password but no help.

Also have IE 10 with extension installed but can't even see icon or get option when I RMB. (Don't really care as i don't use IE much).

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: 4.5.2.90
OS Version: Win 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• FalconSMG
    FalconSMG
    Community Member

Everything used to work but recently stopped. Both Chrome and Firefox extensions don't work. Get the try again, Either the helper is not running, or something is preventing it from communicating with the 1Password browser extension message

Windows 7 enterprise
    Behind a proxy
    Dropbox keychain
    1Password the program works, just the browser integration has failed. tried suggestions in FAQ but no joy. Uninstalled and reinstalled 1Password but no help.

Also have IE 10 with extension installed but can't even see icon or get option when I RMB. (Don't really care as i don't use IE much).

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
    Extension Version: 4.5.2.90
    OS Version: Win 7
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@FalconSMG: It sounds like your proxy may be intercepting the communications between 1Password and the extension. If it's as simple as that, adding an exception for 127.0.0.1/localhost should do the trick. If you're still having trouble, be sure to follow the rest of this guide, as it will help narrow down what's blocking the traffic:

Troubleshooting communication issues between 1Password and the extension

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back form you! :)

• FalconSMG
    FalconSMG
    Community Member

Well i had tried that but tried again. Had to disable Automatic configuration, find another proxy server and then add the exception! Now seems to be working.

Weird thing is that it worked fine only 8 weeks ago without this. Anyway thanks.

• Hi @FalconSMG,

Did you use a PAC file or a script file that was larger than 100KB? If yes, we had to make a change in the last update to prevent processing anything larger than 100KB as it was causing issues that we couldn't work around quickly.

I'm glad you got it working now.

• FalconSMG
    FalconSMG
    Community Member

YES -we have a proxy.pac file that runs normally. That would explain the change.

Thanks again.

• That's great, thanks for letting me know.

You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.