Different folders, different passwords, on the same domain. Too little info in 1Password pop-up.

1password__user
1password__user
Community Member
edited January 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello. New here, with years of experience with both LastPass and KeePass. Now thinking about switching to 1Password :)

My question... There is this website, that has different folders, and each folder has the same login name, but each one has a unique password, like so:

example.com/abc
login name: admin
password: password1

example.com/def
password: password2

example.com/ghi
password: password3

Now when I go to one of these three websites, 1password (or rather, the 1Password browser plugin) provides me with a pop-up, so I can choose which of the three logins to use. But this pop-up only contains the login name. Not the name of the website.
So now I just see the login name 'admin' three times in the 1password pop-up.

Is it possible to have the title of the 1Password item displayed in that pop-up as well?

Thx.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: 4.5.2.90
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: Manual

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Is it possible to have the title of the 1Password item displayed in that pop-up as well?

@1password__user: I'm afraid I'm a bit confused by the question. The 1Password browser extension displays the title of each login item. Do you perhaps just have them all named the same ("admin")? You can edit them to make the title whatever you want.

Alternatively, you may have simply enabled "Show username for matching logins" in 1Password Preferences > Logins. That would explain why that's all you're seeing as well.

Especially for sites where I have a lot of logins (I'm looking at you, Google!) I usually make some indication of both the site and user (usually abbreviated) just to help myself keep things straight. The details are up to you though. I hope this helps! :)

• 1password__user
    1password__user
    Community Member
    edited January 2016

Alternatively, you may have simply enabled "Show username for matching logins" in 1Password Preferences > Logins. That would explain why that's all you're seeing as well.

@brenty: Yes. That solved it. Unticking that checkbox makes the browser plugin show titles again.
    Thanks from a 1Password-n00b :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time! I'm glad it was a preference and not something more troublesome. Glad it's sorted out. We're here if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.