1Password dialogs showing up offset on a single monitor

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Chrome plugin window showing off screen.

Comments

• DanAtkinson
    DanAtkinson
    Community Member
    Options

I've tried your suggested solutions many times now but 1Password seems to be ignoring it. It happens constantly and it's always the same.

• Hi @DanAtkinson,

That might be because your issue is different, we think there might be two or three related issues with single/multiple monitor setups. That's why there's two or three separate suggestions that works for some and not for all. We are trying to find a way to get better data to help us fix this, we just need a bit of time.

Can you share details on your monitor setup and what resolutions are they using?

• DanAtkinson
    DanAtkinson
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT ,

I am using a single monitor with a resolution of 1920 x 1080.

Thanks, Dan

• Hi @DanAtkinson,

Ok, that does confirm it is a separate issue as the others are for dual monitors setups mostly.

Is this a single monitor connected to a desktop or a laptop? Can you tell me which Windows version you're using and if you did any recent upgrades like Windows 10? If you did upgrade to Windows 10, was this happening before the upgrade?

• DanAtkinson
    DanAtkinson
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

This is a laptop with no other monitors connected.

I am running Windows 7 Professional SP1. The OS was not updated from a previous version.

Thanks, Dan

• Hi @DanAtkinson,

Thanks, that will help us narrow it down. Can you confirm if the main program opens correctly all the time and it is only when you're using the 1Password browser extension that the auto-lock and auto-save dialogs that shows up offset?

• DanAtkinson
    DanAtkinson
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

The main program opens without issue (ie it is completely visible). The browser extension (Chrome) auto-save dialog always shows up beyond the top left of the screen.

Thanks, Dan

• Hi @DanAtkinson,

Could you provide a screenshot of the problem and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Let us know here when you've sent the email, so we can confirm we got the email.

Thanks!

• DanAtkinson
    DanAtkinson
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

Just to clarify - you want me to send you a screenshot of something that is not on the screen?

How do you propose I do that?

Thanks, Dan

• Hi @DanAtkinson,

Not a single part of the dialog is on screen? How would you know it is offset if it is not on screen?

We're trying to look at where it is off-setting, which corner and so on. A screenshot would give us an answer.

• DanAtkinson
    DanAtkinson
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

No, none of it is on the screen. When I press Ctrl+space, M the cursor appears at the top left of the screen. When I tap the arrow, I see the dialog box appear at the top left hand corner, but that's obviously not its initial position.

Thanks, Dan

• Hi @DanAtkinson,

Okay, that's not normal. Does it also happen in Internet Explorer or just Chrome?

• DanAtkinson
    DanAtkinson
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

Although the extension is installed and enabled in IE, it never pops up. It's not even in the task list. So, it's only happening in Chrome, because the dialog never opens in IE.

Thanks, Dan

• That's strange, the UI is exactly the same between IE and Chrome.

Please email us your 1Password diagnostic report. Use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• DanAtkinson
    DanAtkinson
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

I've emailed the diagnostics file now. It was sent from the domain dan-atkinson.com.

Thanks, Dan

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DanAtkinson: Thanks! I was able to track it down, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: LMQ-12941-783

This discussion has been closed.