Logins displays only part of my list. How make it display in full (2 columns)?

Options

I have a long list of passwords. When I click on "logins" only part of the list is displayed. I have to scroll down using the down arrow at the bottom instead of scrolling. When I find what I'm looking for a right click because I want to copy the password to the desktop, the list closes. I have to then once again scroll down to where I want to go. This time a right click opens the window with the password where I can click to copy it to the desktop. This process is slow and a pain. What can I do to make life easier?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Logins displays only part of my list. How make it display in full (2 columns)?

Comments

• RickW
    RickW
    Community Member
    Options

I meant, "instead of scrolling down using the mouse wheel."
    I have the latest 1Password version, working with Windows 10

• Hi @RickW!
    I would recommend to use "search" field at the top of the window to make logins list shorter instead of scrolling down. Just start typing what you are looking for.

Another option is using of keyboard shorcuts. For example Ctrl+Shift+C copies the value in the password field of the selected Login item. Full list of keyboard shorcuts is in 1Password manual:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/keyboard-shortcuts?q=hot+keys

Normally mouse wheel scrolls Logins list fine, like any other Windows applications.

• MikeT
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi @RickW,

For now, what you can do is Type to search, as soon as you bring up the extension menu, start typing to narrow the list down. You'll see the menu disappear and reappear with the found items, you can then right-click on the item to get its details view and click to copy the password.

There is no support for mouse scrolling in the 1Password extension's UI, it's a limitation of the menu-based design. We'd like to figure out a solution for this but so far, everything points to a custom implementation that will require too much time and can break a lot of features such as accessibility and translations.

• RickW
    RickW
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks very much both of you! Both methods work great.

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.