switching to opvault from agilekeychain issue

Options

Followed instructions from support article: (Windows) Switching to OPVault from Agile Keychain - 1Password ...in my desktop computer
Downloaded 1password to my Windows 10 laptop. Opened 1password and selected "restore 1 Password Vault From backup". In the "open 1password Vault Backup window I chose Dropbox>Apps>1Password>1password>default>...
I find files: .ws.agile.1password.write, band_0.js through band_F.js, folders.js, profile.js in that folder on both computers, however
I cannot find an opvault file to select for the restore.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb:opvault-design, kb:wendy-appleseed, kb-search:opvault, kb:switch-to-opvault

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vharral: It sounds like you may have the extension hidden for some reason. The band files are stored inside the vault, so unless you've 'rearranged' things manually, (Dropbox)\Apps\1Password\1password is your OPVault, with \default\... contained therein. If you access it on the Dropbox website does it show the extension normally? Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• MikeT
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi @vharral,

OPVault is not a backup file, you can't restore from this. This is your actual 1Password data folder being used by 1Password to read and write data from. Backup files ends in .opvault_zip

Before we proceed, can you tell us if you want to sync your 1Password data between your desktop and laptop via Dropbox?

If yes, this is how to do it on your laptop:

1. Open the main 1Password app and if it shows the welcome tour with three options, select the second one saying I have used 1Password before
    2. Select the Dropbox > Apps > 1Password > 1Password.opvault folder

After that, it should show you the unlock screen and go ahead to unlock it, you should see your data now.

• vharral
    vharral
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks brenty and MikeT. Currently my Dropbox files contain the following:
    Folder "1Password" > Folders "1Password.agilekeychain", "Temp 1PW"
    Folder "Apps" > Folder "1Password" > Folder "1Password.opvault" > Folder "default", File "opvault.ico"

Hope this helps you troubleshoot my problem.

• Hi @vharral,

We don't create anything called Temp 1PW, was that your doing when you were trying to convert to OPVault?

Ask 1Password to open the OPVault in the Temp 1PW > Apps > 1Password > 1Password.opvault directory instead, see if you can unlock it.

If not, let's start with the basics, when you open the main 1Password program, what do you see? Is the the unlock screen or are you seeing the welcome tour with three options?

• vharral
    vharral
    Community Member
    Options

No, that's not what I was doing. I see the unlock screen when I open 1Password.

• Hi @vharral,

Okay and when you enter the master password, what happens? It is opening the right vault as shown on the bottom of that dialog.

• vharral
    vharral
    Community Member
    Options

THis is the menu dialog

• Hi @vharral,

That's okay, that submenu keeps a history of all vaults you've used before.

If everything looks good with that OPVault, we can just archive the rest of the older vaults.

Open Windows File Explorer, create a folder inside your Documents > 1Password folder called Archived 1Password vaults and then copy all of these older vaults into this folder. Do not move the Dropbox > Apps > 1Password > 1Password.opvault.

Once you do that, open the main 1Password program and go to the File Menu > Reopen 1Password Vault, select the old vaults, 1Password will say that it cannot find the vault and it will then remove it off the list. After doing this for the other two, you should then be left with only Dropbox > Apps > 1Password > 1Password.opvault.

Let me know if that helps.

• vharral
    vharral
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Your suggestion seems to help. I think the windows machines are syncing now through dropbox. I'll check my iOS and OSX machines tomorrow.

• That's great to hear, please keep us informed.

This discussion has been closed.