1Password 6.0.1 takes too long to authenticate and unlock my vault

2»

Comments

• BogeyMan
    BogeyMan
    Community Member

Same thing here. Using v6.0.2 (602004). Browser extension and app taking 20s+ to unlock.
    Running OS X 10.11.3 on a Retina iMac.
    Computer uptime was at around 21 days. So I rebooted (I shouldn't have to!) and everything is now back to it's normal snappy responsiveness.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! I'm glad the reboot helped with that. Although rebooting shouldn't be necessary in theory, it does help with various issues (not just those related to 1Password, but other apps as well). Our developers are working on improving some situations where 1Password takes longer than it should to unlock, so hopefully this won't be a problem in future versions.

If you need anything else, please let us know! :)

• BogeyMan
    BogeyMan
    Community Member

An oddity I am seeing now, and I am not sure if I changed a setting or something, but when I unlock from the browser, the 1Password App screen is now coming to the foreground (i.e. popping up from hidden over the browser window).
    Did I accidentally change a setting to cause this to happen?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@BogeyMan: I don't believe there is such a setting that could make that happen, even in OS X (certainly not 1Password). Is there maybe another window that's being activated (and therefore causing the app to get focus)? What I'm thinking of specifically would be some sort of dialog box (perhaps an error). If you restart your Mac, does it continue to happen? Please let me know what you find!

• Larkieboy
    Larkieboy
    Community Member

Password 6 version 6.0.2 - I have browser extension on Safari and Firefox. On opening either browser, when clicking on the 1Password extension there is a delay of up to 30 seconds before there is a response, viz: I am unable to download the "username and Password" for the site I am trying to log on to. During this time the dreaded coloured wheel keeps spinning. I have 2 vaults but only use the Primary myself. My wife who also has a MacBook Pro uses the other vault. Any Ideas?

Stuart

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Following upgrading to 1Password 6 each time I try to load 1Password it takes about 30 seconds.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Larkieboy,

I'm very sorry you're running into this problem! We've received some reports of this from other customers as well, and I've merged your message into an existing thread about the same issue.

Our developers are looking into this, but in the meantime, it might help to restart your Mac, or restart 1Password mini (from the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini). Hopefully that helps for now, but if the problem keeps coming back, please let us know and we'll see what else we can do. Thanks! :)

• LeslieDow
    LeslieDow
    Community Member
    edited September 2016

Me, too v/v very slow start for 1P usually 20-30s at least and has been longer. For me, this has started in the past few weeks. but now it is the norm. It's also for the main, stand-alone app, all not just the browser plugin and is not dependent on any specific browser all of them do this. I am running the latest version of MacOS and all the browsers are updated as of 9/2. Restarting does not help, nor does clearing cache or cookies, or disabling and enabling 1Password. I have three macs and all of them show this. I do keep a single 1p datafile that is shared between them via dropbox. Also, I run 1P on both my iPads and my iPhone (sharing the same datafile), I do not see this on the IOS apps. Please fix this I have used your software for more years than I can recall and I would hate to change, but this is getting really bad.
    I'll also get a log and submit via email. Tnx

• dirkbe
    dirkbe
    Community Member
    edited September 2016

For me the problem still exists - I sent some mails back and forth with the support, walked through all the troobleshooting, sent diagnostic report and so on. Nothing helped. It took many time, didn't get better and at the end I've given up and am still hoping, that eventually an update will help.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @LeslieDow,

I'm sorry to hear you're seeing a delay when unlocking 1Password! If the delay happens when unlocking the main 1Password app, it sounds like it's a different problem than the one discussed in this forum thread (which was specifically a delay when unlocking 1Password mini / browser extension). But either way, we'll be happy to help you with that!

I found your email & diagnostics report - thanks for sending it! Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there.

ref: WCB-89133-931

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dirkbe,

I'm really sorry to hear this continues to be a problem on your Mac! If you haven't already done so, please make sure you've installed the latest update for 1Password 6 on your Mac (the latest version is currently 6.3.2) as the main issue being discussed in this forum thread was fixed in an update several months ago.

If you're still having the problem in version 6.3.2, we'll be happy to continue helping you with that if you'd like. I found your email conversation from last February, and I see that Kyle sent you a couple emails with some more suggestions - but we never heard back from you after that. We would love to continue helping you solve the problem! If you still have Kyle's emails from that conversation, you can simply reply to one of those to let us know what happened when you followed his steps. Or if you no longer have those, we can resend them and get the conversation going again (just let us know).

ref: EQG-67632-555

• dirkbe
    dirkbe
    Community Member

Hi Drew_AG, thanks for your mail.

Yes, I tried everything of the suggestions Kyle sent me and it took me way too much time, so I stopped after mailing back and forth without result.

And yes, I always install the latest update, hoping that the problem will be solved, but it still exists. Really, I don't have the time to try out thousand more things.

But, if you find the solution (as there seem to be other user with the same problem), it would be nice to post it here, not just via PM. That's why I stepped in here again.

• Hi @dirkbe,

There seems to be a very small percentage of users that are still experiencing these issues as you're seeing. Since it's been so few users, I've had trouble tracking down what exactly is being slow. In some cases users have had success by either disabling/re-enabling Watchtower, or by leaving it disabled. I don't like that solution... since it shouldn't be slow in the first place. But I've not yet figured out what exactly is causing the slow down in this case.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.