imported all into logins [Keepass 2 import]

Options
arsprod
arsprod
Community Member
edited January 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I successfully imported data from keepass2 into 1password but everything came in as a Login. I want to separate out items that are accounts, software, etc. Is there a way to move these?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Arsprod,

Did you export from KeePass2 as a CSV / TXT file to import into 1Password or did you use MrC's import suite that should do a better job?

There isn't a way to convert an item after it is created. There may be a way to do it by focusing on the KeePass's export file instead. @MrC, our awesome community moderator has been working on improving the import suite to manage the import process for our community, may have some suggestions for you.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi @arsprod,

Although there are a few extra steps, you should use the keepass2 converter in the converter suite for best import fidelity.

That said, Keepass 2 only supports what are essentially Login entries, so everything will go into 1Password's Login category. You are referring to Keepass 2's "groups", where you can store your items in hierarchical groups. The converter will import these, and place the group into 1Password's Tags area for the entry (and can also set the Folder if you use the --folder option). This will simulate the same concept for you.

Ask if you have more questions!

• arsprod
    arsprod
    Community Member
    Options

I used the keepass2 convertor and really don't want them in folders. Guess the only way is to recreate in other groups. thanks

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@arsprod,

Folder creation will ONLY happen if you use the --folders option. You will not get folders by default.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@arsprod,

I re-read your reply, as I had a nagging suspicion you might have mean something different. I'm thinking you don't want your items going into 1Password's Login category, but for some reason, want certain entries to go into other 1Password categories. If this is the case, can you explain what you're looking for?

• arsprod
    arsprod
    Community Member
    Options

I want some of the entries in accounts, some in software, etc

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@arsprod,

If you don't have too many, it would be simpler to move them via copy / paste into a new record. If you have many of them, I'd be happy to work with you to customize the converter to place the items into whatever categories you want. The requirements would be that there has to be some unique way for the converter to detect a field or value, so that it can target your desired target category, and I'd need to know the field mappings you want.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@arsprod,

Just checking in with you. How are things going?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Ok, well, looks like @arsprod has disengaged. I'm stepping out now.

This discussion has been closed.