I would like either a desktop icon or an incon in the bottom strip. How do I get that?

Options

I used to have a folder on my desktop agilebits but I think that I deleted it because it did not pop up the site when I clicked it. As you may have guessed, I am not computer savvy, but feel proud that I set up one password and think it is great. It took me four days to complete set up though and sync to my iphone. Any help you can give would be appreciated. One more question - we spend 3-6 months in Costa Rica each year. Cell phone theft is common. What should we do if our phone is stolen? Thank you! Camille

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:no desk top icon

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi @Camille,

To create a shortcut to 1Password on your desktop; open Windows File Explorer, go to your C:\Program Files (x86)\1Password 4 directory and right-click on the 1Password.exe file to select Send to > Desktop (create shortcut).

What should we do if our phone is stolen?

You already are doing the right thing of using 1Password on your iPhone to protect your data. If it is stolen, your 1Password data is still encrypted with your master password.

However, the very best thing you can do is enable the passcode on your iPhone (use a passphrase instead of 4-digit PIN) and then enable Find my iPhone. If your iPhone is stolen, you can track its location and report it to the authorities and you can lock it down to your iCloud account and/or remote wipe the device.

For more, please read our guide here: https://support.1password.com/lost-device/

• Camille
    Camille
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you dear Mike T. I appreciate your help.

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.