Two vaulta

Options

Am trying demo version...want to know if I use option to move vault to DropBox does that remove it from my pc and become the only place where I can access this info...would like to keep a copy on my computer and on dropbox

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:missing-extension-button, kb:move-vault

Comments

• Once you use the 'Move to Dropbox' feature in the 1Password preferences, the vault will be moved from your Documents folder to the Dropbox folder on your PC.
    That means that a caopy of the vault will still be present on your PC, just in a different place.

Please be aware that you need to have the Dropbox application installed on your PC.

I hope this helps!

• purplerhody
    purplerhody
    Community Member
    Options

Follow up question...the icon that indicates number/location of vaults shows one in documents and one in dropbox folder...but when I select the one in documents, the master password only works for vault in drop box and not for the vault in the documents folder....is that intended? If so, how do I delete unwanted vaults?

On a bigger issue, I have started enrolling a few non-essential sites in your demo version just to try it out. The seemed to work and the links took me to the sites and opened them. After I checked the drop box feature and created more than one vault, the links take me to the sites but just to the sign in page and does populate it with the user name and password. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Thaks
    Elle

• Hi @purplerhody,

There is a bug in the current version where Move to Dropbox may leave an empty folder behind in your Documents > 1Password folder. We have fixed it in the latest beta and will ship it soon to the stable version.

Open Windows File Explorer, go to your Documents > 1Password folder and rename 1Password.agilekeychain to EmptyData and then go inside that folder, does it look like there's no data and one folder that you can't go in because of a permission issue?

If yes, then delete the EmptyData folder. Now, open 1Password, go to the File Menu > Reopen 1Password Vault to select the non-Dropbox folder and 1Password will then say it doesn't exist and it will remove it off the list for you.

You should now only see the Dropbox vault.

After I checked the drop box feature and created more than one vault, the links take me to the sites but just to the sign in page and does populate it with the user name and password. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

I am not sure what the issue is, are you saying it doesn't populate the data or can you clarify what the issue is?

This discussion has been closed.