I can't get 1password to work with Surfeasy for VPN using Opera.

Options

recently added Surfeasy browser extension to Opera. Once the Surfeasy extension was activated, 1password extension stopped working including CTRL- \ . When I right click on either the username or password entries and then click 1password, I get a new tab where it is searching for the 1password helper and doesn't find it. I disable Surfeasy, restart Opera, enable Surfeasy and everything works. Everything continues to work as long as I don't restart Opera. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and don't remember is Surfeasy and 1password worked in Windows 7. I have disabled, deleted, restarted Opera and installed and enabled both to make sure version is correct for Windows 10. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: 4.5.3.90
OS Version: WIndows 10 Pro (updated as of 1/25/2016 @ 1900ET)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can't get 1password to work with Surfeasy for VPN using Opera.

Comments

• Hi @lgoldstonjr,

I'm not familiar with Surfeasy but you might want to configure it to make sure it does not route the local traffic on 127.0.0.1 to the VPN network.

The 1Password extension communicates with 1Password Helper on your PC via a local port, so if your VPN extension carries that local traffic over its VPN network, that'd explain why it stops working because it never reaches 1Password Helper. This is something you need to configure within Surfeasy, not 1Password.

I suspect the restart might be because of an issue within Opera, it might not start routing until you restart the browser. I'd suggest double-checking to make sure it is using VPN when you re-enable it because some browsers do not actually start the extension until after you restart first.

This happens with any VPN, proxy or a firewall that blocks the local traffic and the only solution is to configure them to ignore the local traffic.

• lgoldston
    lgoldston
    Community Member
    Options

THANKS for the suggestion. I have opened a support ticket with Surfeasy as I can't determine any setting to adjust to accomplish what you suggest.

Again, THANKS

• Hi @lgoldston,

Please let us know what they said, we'd like to share it with other SurfEasy users that might see the same issue. We'll try to reproduce it here to see if we can make it work.

They might find this article useful if they need to know the ports configuration as well. By the way, it's the same issue with Opera's Turbo feature, if it is enabled, 1Password won't work because they use a proxy to route the traffic to their proxy server.

This discussion has been closed.